Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Decision Navigation

I was thinking this morning about the day ahead and the share number of potential decisions that will need to be made.
In the course of my normal weekly routine, I actually make hundreds of them.
Some are easy, others not so.
Some don't have major consequences if I get them wrong, while others have major consequences if I do get them wrong.
People each and every day ask me to help guide their decision navigation. In those moments I truly hope I help them and not hinder them.

So how do you decision navigate during your day?
Is there a strategy that works best?
Is experience working for us every time?
Do I delay some choices paralysed by analysing the potential cost of getting it wrong?

Before I do my best to give a simple answer, trust me when I say I am not always super confident in my decision navigation. What I can honestly say is that I do my very best.
Faith is the hallmark of every believer, meaning faith in Christ is tied to my decision navigation. If I think God wants me to do such and such, I don't need to feel 100% about it, faith in God is my anchor.

My approach has been refined over the years...

  • Most days I pray and ask God to help me to get it right.
  • Then I ask the Holy Spirit multiple times a day to guide my choices, through my conscience, words or any other means He might want to use.
  • Then I back myself. And when I say that I maybe aren't backing myself in the traditional sense of having all confidence in myself. It is more than not based on confidence in Him.
God promises each of us that He will never leave or forsake us.
The Holy Spirit was sent to earth after Jesus ascension to be the ultimate counsellor. I believe a key role He has in each of our lives is to purposefully help us make the best choices.

Can I encourage you today to simply pray?
Ask as many times as you like and feel the need, for the Holy Spirit to lead you in your decision navigation.
It should bring your more success than not.
It should bring you a measure of peace.
It should help you to enter into everything the God has for you today.

Something to think about...

No comments: