Thursday, May 23, 2019

The reality of fantasy...

Why am I not surprised that a whole bunch of loyal viewers to Game of Thrones are venting their displeasure? I seem to recall maybe similar feelings when Lost closed out its many seasons of entertaining my wife and I. In the end I felt like I was lost...

While these stories draw us in, many times they leave us wanting.
Maybe that is the reality of fantasy?

Fantasy is such a powerful thing.
It can take you to places in your soul. Maybe give you a perceived relief for a time.
I can't help but wonder whether our desire for fantasy is a mixture of escapism and a drug of choice for many of us?

While I haven't watched GOT, I do sympathise with those wrestling in their disappointment.
Your fantasy world has ended and now what?
Maybe you fantasy turned into a nightmare? Judging by the venting on social media that might very well be the case? 

Some people accuse people like me of living in a fantasy world.
That following Jesus is like believing in a tooth fairy or similar?
I would rather have others perception of fantasy over a TV show any day!
Following Jesus has changed my life for the better in many ways.
A TV show can only distract me for a moment.

Something to think about...



No comments: