Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Have I made it?

One of the challenges I face as someone with a role of communicating what I hope are the truths of life and faith, is that I don't want to come across negatively.
It is easy to pick holes in things.
Easy to see the negative in situations and people.
So before I fire off a thought that might be confronting, let's start with something encouraging...

I am teaching a series in our Church right now called Alter Altar.
It is based around a conviction I carry.

"God loves you and accepts you just the way you are.
But He also loves you far too much to leave you just the way you are!"

I also believe that until you go to spend eternity with Christ (after you die), that there is always something for you to do on this earth and a work that God wants to do in you.
Your life journey is about a mixture of knowing God for yourself, being made more and more in His image, and seeing your life help bring something of heaven to earth.

Jesus shares a story one day that has many powerful meanings for us.
It is about two men.
One a religious person who apparently in his own eyes is "all good".
The other is a man who in his own eyes and those probably around him, is known as a man with "issues".
Mr "Got-it-all-together" reveals a lack of having it all together and a desperate need of God's grace when he says "Thank you God that I am not like that sinner over there" referring to our 2nd character.
It truly frightens me that there is a possibility that we could become this man or a version of him.
That we could think we have reached a place in life and faith where we better than others.
I have seen and experienced people like this.
There are very difficulty to lead in the life of a Church Family!
Check out what our 2nd guys says for a moment...

13“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Luke 18:13-14 niv

Can I encourage to open your heart today to the Spirit of God and allow Him to help us ascertain your own heart? Are you more man 1 or man 2?

Paul said he is a man being poured out for Christ.
Jesus said for us to take up our cross daily.
I approach this whole idea as though I need to stay on the altar.
To allow God the opportunity to finish the work He began in me.
He calls "good work", so no matter the pain, no matter any questions, the results will be good.
It is like in a sense for me that we need to stay humble and hungry and honest.

Can I encourager you to get back on the altar today?
Because God aint finished with you yet!

Something to think about...


2 comments:

Diwakar said...

Hello Pastor Locky McNeill. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being the Minister of the Word of God. I am so encouraged to go through your blog post on "Have I made It?". How true is what you said "Untill you go to finish eternity with Christ (after you die) there is always some thing to do on this earth and the work that God wants to do in you". Yes the challenge you have for your blog readers is also for me too, to get back on the altar today. As I fast today I open my heart to the Spirit of God and allow Him to help me ascertain my own heart. I want to be more man 2. Thank you so much Bro. Rocky.
God willing I will be coming to the United States in the month of July 2019 and will be so glad to stop by your place and meet you. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. Iam sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and the ministry God has given to you. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

Locky McNeill said...

Thanks for your response. Great to hear from you!
You mention that you are planning on visiting the US. That is exciting.
I am from New Zealand so a long way from that location.
May God bless you and your work for Him!