Friday, March 02, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 8

I have just come back from a few days away.

You might think that is my point...that the few days away were what made me happy.
Not this time.
It was something that made up this little detour from my normal week...

I was hanging out with some other great Pastors from around our area of the North Island.
We were talking about what we do, challenges, things to celebrate, that sort of thing.

But also during that time was something even more special.
At 3 distinct times during our hanging out, we took some time to worship God and just be in His presence.

That is what made me happy!

It seemed such a powerful moment for us all.
People were connecting with Jesus in a real way without any pressure or expectations from a Church.
You could really feel something going on that was more super natural than natural.

3 very distinct things happened for me in those times:

Peace - you could just feel it and its ability to take away the stresses I had arrived with.
Perspective - being in God's presence changed my perspective from here and now to who He really is. And to what He has for me. His promises. His dream for my life.
Relief - being in His presence brought me relief from my daily challenges. In fact it gave me confidence again due its ability to left my burdens.

Can I encourage you to find happiness not in a thing or a task today...but in the presence of God himself?
Sit on your own and ask Him to come to you.
Or sing.
Or listen to some worship music and soak.
Or if that is not something you have done before, talk to someone like me who knows how to get there, and let us introduce you to this amazing gift.

You might just get some more happiness...

Something to think about...

No comments: