Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 13


Happiness was never supposed to be about what you get.
Well that is what I believe anyway…

Happiness comes from a two way relationship which generally begins with us. It has to begin with us.
Life can get very frustrating if you are waiting ever so patiently for someone else to make you happy.
You might get ‘lucky’ and someone may just do this for you, but most people are still left waiting if they think this is how it works.
I also have found that they it doesn’t last very long when we just receive. Either we take it for granted or the
person giving stops, out of their frustration.

I am not an uncaring brute!
I totally understand that someone who is unhappy with life may not feel the capacity to give something  to
someone else first.
But I also know that we were designed for something bigger than ourselves. When you don’t operate in the
bigger than yourself zone...you will get frustrated and happiness with ultimately allude you.

1 Peter 4:10 NLT say this…
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. 
Use them well to serve one another.

Inside of each of us is a key to a form of happiness.
A gift or many gifts to serve others with.
Find that key inside you and will go a long way to being a lot happier.
God promises each of us that we have this in us.
No one misses out.

I have found through just trying this out, that happiness for me comes from serving.
Not serving until I can serve no more. But serving where I use the gifts in me, from God, to minister to others.

You probably have got my point without me saying to much more…
But can I encourage you this week to look at what God has placed in you.
Do something with it to serve someone else.
And reap some happiness in life.

Something to think about…

No comments: