Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Locky's Pursuit of Happiness - Series Introduction


There has been a lot of talk recently about this thing called Happiness.
Discussion about what it is and how much you have or don’t have of it. Discussion based around all sorts of belief systems and even agendas.

If you asked the Waterboy—Bobby Boucher (very corny movie) what it is, he would say this…
“Mamma says Happiness is from magic rays of Sunshine that come down when ya feelin blue.”

When I look through dictionaries and other reference material I see the word and their expressed meanings.
But one thing seems to stand out.
No one ever says happiness is a goal that once attended is guaranteed to last without end. Nor do they say that happiness is a right of all adults.

I don’t think that I need to tell you what happy feels like.
You already know.
I bet there have been many moments in your life, where if you thought about it, that you truly felt happy.
Even if it was for a moment...
Maybe it was a birthday? Honeymoon? Buying your first home or first car. Maybe you feel happiness right now reading my thoughts? Or maybe it is something you recognize that you haven’t felt for some time now?

That reality is that life continues on whether we feel in a  state of happiness or not.
The minutes on a clock keep moving forward.
The sun continues its journey across the sky.

This is what I think…
Actually I can’t tell you what I think in one simple thought. I have realized that it will take a series of them to share my ideas on happiness.

So here is my plan to help explain happiness.
I am going to share something on it most days in my blog lockymcneill.blogpsot.com
Can I encourage you to come check it out regularly?
Let’s learn something together.
Let’s find out how to find true happiness when it is there for us.

Never forget that God does have a great plan for yours and my life, and it does include periods of happiness.
There is more to life. A ‘bigger’ way to live!

Something to think about…and to keep coming back for...

No comments: