Monday, February 27, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 5


To be honest I woke up this morning not very happy.
It is supposed to be my day off but I woke up early.
My head was full of things I had to do today, tomorrow, and the next...plus others that when I think about them now, I didn’t even need to think about them.

So I grabbed my iPod, chucked some worship vibes on and headed into the garden. Yes the garden.
Not to eat worms...but to get busy doing them up a bit.

As I pulled out weed number 287 I reviewed my week, month etc and realised I was trying to do far too much.
I had put so much pressure on myself to achieve more than I can really achieve without hurting myself.
I decided what I needed to do was realign some goals, drop something else for another year.
Even though I was little weird about some of it, it did feel a lot better!

The Bible gives us plenty of advice.
One of those advice gems is this statement.

Watch your life and doctrine closely 1 Timothy 4:16 niv

I think Christians in general if they are going to look at their life, tend to look at the doctrine part not the life part.
They wonder if they are learning the right things. Wonder if they are they are being taught the right things.
But what about doing the right things with the one life you have been given?

For me to find some happiness today I did just that. I looked seriously at my life. The life that I am living right now.
I found I had to make some adjustments.

Do you need to do the same today?

Something to think about...

No comments: