Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Remind-er

Yesterday I went for a ride.
That ride led me past a building.
Seeing that building reminded me about something.
Something I had promised to do, but had forgotten.

You and I need reminders in our lives. Otherwise we tend to forget about the potentially important things in life.
Without reminders about God, we can soon find ourselves forgetting about Him even...

You might not agree with me right now because you haven’t forgotten who God is to you.
But trust me in this. You are no different from every other person who has ever lived.
Without ‘God’ reminders in your life, one day you will wake up and you may well have forgotten.

I don’t think God created all the festivals He did like Passover just because He is into religious festivals.
I think He did that for those people because they acted as a reminder. They brought God’s people back to a certain place.
A certain focus.
It reminded them of who God was and what He is like.

You and I now have some other things that help us:

Being with your brothers and sisters as the Church, whether it be on a Sunday or at some sort of small group.

Taking time to pray and meditate on God’s Word.

Sharing in things like communion.

Actually that is a good one!
Jesus said this about this special reminder:
He (Jesus) took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19 NIV

This week, can I encourage you to have some reminders?
Be with God’s people when and where ever you can.
Take time out to pray and read.
Remind yourself again and again of who He is to you.
Remind yourself of what He has called you for.

That way...you will never forget!

Something to think about…

No comments: