Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lies + Money

I read this yesterday…

“Two things I ask of you, LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.
The Bible | Proverbs 30:7-9 NIV

Stop and read this for a moment.

I mean it.

Because even though this person wrote this prayer, wish, request, whatever you want to call it a long time ago...

I believe we can all relate to it in our world today.

Are you like me and sick of all the lies?
What happened to someone’s ‘word being their bond’?
Why is it seemingly ok to lie if it gets you something you want? Or it ultimately makes you happy?

I have lost track of all the lies I have been told over the last few years.
I can actually handle it sometimes from people who don’t have a relationship with Jesus, but really struggle when my so called brother or sister does it.
Tell it to me straight. I like that. I can respect that.
It is less damaging than the alternative.

What about the 2nd part of this statement?

We are told all the time that money will make us happy.
And you already knew that it doesn’t fix everything.

So please don’t sell your soul just to get some more.

Pretty challenging I know for my simple thought this week...but you are worth it, to share it!

Something to think about…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone said "We built this city on Rock n Roll" Jesus said "I will build My Church on this Rock - a revellation of who He is. And He never lies. So I've build my business on that same standard - what we say we will do.