Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness - Part 2


Here’s another short sharp hint on how to find happiness...

Do Good.

Sounds pretty obvious doesn’t it.
But just because it is obvious doesn’t make it always easy or the first thing people chose to do.

Making sure you are doing the right things with your life will make you happy.
Maybe you are struggling to not do the wrong thing?
Whatever it is, don’t give up...give in instead.
What I mean by that is don’t give up of being healed. Instead I recommend you give in to Jesus.

I have a list of things that were a problem for me and made me feel unhappy before I met Jesus.
Giving my life completely (not just partly) and doing the right things set me free.
It is way more than a good idea. It works. I am know that personally and I am convinced of it.

Doing the wrong thing can feel good for a moment, but in the end costs us most of the time.
Doing the right thing can cost for a moment, but in the end returns you so much more.

Flicking through some pictures of hot naked chicks might feel good for a moment, but will leave you cold and unfulfilled.
Drinking just that little bit too much to get some buzz might feel good for a moment, but worshiping at the porcelain throne afterwards really puts a dampener on that choice.
Going that little bit too far with your boyfriend or girlfriend is nice for a moment, but wrestling with guilt takes away from that moment.

Doing good opens you up to something God so desperately wants to give you.
His peace.
It is so good that sometimes He refers to it as perfect! That is a big statement.
Doing good and of course having a clear conscience...will go a long way to helping you find happiness.

Something to think about...

No comments: