Thursday, February 28, 2019

Pray - Delay - Hooray

Everyone wants to know how things work...
And when it comes to prayer, they certainly do!

There are a couple of things that are important I think to remember and then I want to encourage you with a story and thought to wrap this up...

God designed prayer as part of our relationship.
God is in heaven, and you are on earth - not really a startling revelation I know!
But we need a way of communicating until get to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.
God created prayer kind of like Alexander Bell invented the telephone. So we can talk.
Yes I know it takes some time to get used to and build some confidence in, but it is worth connecting with Him this way!

God is always listening.
Scripture reminds us from beginning to end, that while God is in heaven, He is not unaware of your place in the world, what is happening to you and the things you want to say to Him.
He cares about the words you speak to Him so much that He collects them...

God is always responding.
Someone famously said many years ago that God always responds to our prayer with yes, no or wait.
While that is very simplistic, it is certainly true I believe.
God doesn't expect you to pray just for some religious observance.
Prayer is the key to seeing God move miraculously in any and every life.

Here is my story...
A man called Daniel prays one day. Felt moved too in some way.
21 days later an angel appears to him and says these words...
12...“Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 14Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.” Daniel 10:12-14 niv

This is this whole pray - delay - hooray I titled this with.
When you pray, God hears and He responds in the very best way for you.
Sometimes there is a perceived delay here on earth, but God has not delayed!
The moment you pray God responds!

So do not give up my friend!
Please be encouraged!
Pray, believe and expect.
Your answer is already on its way!

Something to think about...

No comments: