Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Broken Bottom

I have found that the world can sometimes give you a weight you just can't carry. Then when you fail, it seems to take joy in reminding you that you failed.
It is an irony that it came up with the dumb idea, then rubs it in your face when the self fulfilling prophesied failure comes to pass.

Within a few weeks of starting school I had a memorable experience...
Growing up on a farm, we had to take a local school bus to get to school. Our bus driver doubled as the local store owner so sometimes he dropped off groceries to farmers wives while on the route.

As a scrawny little 5 year old I climbed on the bus one morning.
The driver asked me to lift a carrier of milk and place it on the ground where I had just been standing and waiting.
The problem was as I staggered back down the bus steps with this load of milk, I knew it was too heavy and that I was in trouble. As much as I tried not to fail I failed. My placement of said carrier was to uncontrolled and down with a thud the milk went. It happened pretty quickly from memory and the white liquid started to leak out onto the gravel below it.
I had accidentally broken every single bottle.
Couldn't have down it better if I tried.
Even though I had been brought up with the phrase "don't cry over spilled milk", the sentiment was unable to stop my own leaking, thankfully from my eyes not anywhere else...

That ride to school that day was the worst in my memory.
I felt guilty. Felt like I had let the driver down, my family down and especially the poor person who hoped to find fresh milk to conveniently collect that morning.

Maybe you are feeling guilty today?
Maybe feeling like you let yourself down or others or even God?

Can I say to you that maybe the load you have carried wasn't all your fault?
The devil wants to load you up in failure and guilt as a way to drive you from God and cause you not to believe in yourself.
But God has a load you can carry with His divine help.
Jesus even said 20Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 niv

Today trade your load and burdens for something better.
Trade the weight the world wants to give you for His grace.
Be free from unhealthy weights and expectations.
And come away with Jesus.

Something to think about...

No comments: