Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Experiment

My youngest kid loves doing experiments.
His most common passion right now is to freeze all sort of random things and see what happens.
He tests his results outside and seems to really enjoy himself.
It can drive us nuts finding random things in the freezer, but it is a small price to pay for his enjoyment...

After nearly 27 years of being a follower of Christ I have met a lot of like minded people.
A regular theme has been made clear to me...
Everyone of those people who took God at His Word.
Everyone of those people who put into practice what they learned.
Everyone of those people who decided to experiment and it give it a try.
They are the ones who had an adventure of faith.
They are the ones who have keep the faith.
They are the ones who never got cynical and tired.
They are the ones who still many years and experiences good and bad, they are the ones who have not given up on that faith.

James says something extremely important from his many years of experience being a Jesus follower...
"...be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."
James 1:22 ESV

My faith has never stopped at learning! It has been made real because I have always experimented with what I learnt.
When I heard about giving to God in a Church and they called it tithing, it sounded weird to me, but I thought what the heck, I'll give that a go...
When I heard that we are all supposed to be able to pray for the sick and they will be healed, even though I was new at this Jesus thing, I gave it a go on a guy who twisted his ankle in front of me and he got healed! I don't know who was more surprised me or him?
When I heard you can share you faith, I gave it a go...
When I heard you can serve in your Church, I gave it a go, in fact I gave every ministry you can think of a go...
You probably get the idea?
I have always experimented with my faith and it has also worked for me!

Faith is only fully realised when you act on the revelation you receive.
It has never been complicated. But many don't get past the hearing and onto the doing and boy oh boy are they missing out!

If you are a frustrated believer right now maybe you are because you aren't experimenting with your faith?
Maybe you have been listening for many years and you are spiritually bloated from all the great teaching you have sat under?
Don't diet. Start to do something with it.
Loose your bloating by experimenting and taking God at his Word.
Come on and join in with me. Get off the bench and into the game.
It will make far more sense to you when you do!

Something to think about...

No comments: