Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Have you noticed...?

Have you noticed that there are plenty of people ready to state an opinion on things?
On how you and/or others should live their lives...
To what is really happening in the world...

Today I found my facebook feed flooded with diatribes on everything, and I think it was everything!
Sexuality
Crime
Poverty
Religion
Fashion
Politics
World Issues
The state of the Church
And more...

If I took it at all on face value it seems everyone is deeply angry and disappointed.
Everyone else is wrong and they are right. Someone else is always to blame.

In trying to process my thoughts on this I was reminded of a scripture...

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, 
live at peace with everyone.
Romans 12:18 niv

I am reminded that we are not on this earth to simply point out each others faults, or to be the police over every issue, cause and creed. We are called as followers of Christ to do what we can to live at peace with others.
Each of us have enough of our own challenges at times without spending hours pointing out the challenges of others.

Maybe the best thing we could each do today is prioritise spending some time with Jesus?
Asking Him to deal with our hearts.
Asking Him to help us live at peace.
Maybe that would help this world a little better?

Something to think about...

No comments: