Thursday, May 10, 2018

You are a Rep

I walked into an appointment that was booked some weeks ago, only to discover on arrival that they had messed something important up.
Something inside of me was not very happy!
They had plenty of opportunity to let me know before the appointment there was a problem and didn't. The first staff member I encountered seemed strangely uninterested in the now plight I faced and time I was now wasting. And in that moment, wrestling with the grumpy feelings stirring up within me, I was reminded that I am a rep for the Kingdom of God...

Why is that even important?

When you decide to follow Jesus and then let the world know, many things change!
You get all the goodness, greatness and grace of heaven in your life.
You also get a new role in the world you are still living in. You are now a representative.
Scripture actually calls you an ambassador of heaven.
You exchanged your old life to become salt and light in any and every moment you walk and talk in.
People who are not in same camp as you yet, will forever look to you as an indication on whether God is real, whether He can work in your life, whether it is worth their while looking seriously at...

Do you rip into them? Stand up for yourself because of your importance in the universe?
I was wronged but how should I handle that?
Can I encourage to learn how to handle your role well?

I believe in sharing gracefully that something was wrong, and I believe we should not seek revenge with either our words or actions.
I believe sometimes you should even consider just being 'wronged' as Jesus put it. Turn the other cheek. Let God sort it out.
I believe you should always consider what your actions say about you and the Kingdom you now represent. Facebook rants will stay in the ether forever. Is that a good thing?
I believe in all I do and say I represent not only myself, but you, my church, my town and my God.
I know it is more than overused, but ask yourself "what would Jesus do?"

Something to think about...

No comments: