Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Complete

I think I would be safe to say that all of us would like to be the best 'us' we can be...
We want to be the complete package if we can for God, for our family, for our friends, for those we come into contact with.
It is the idea of being "complete" as a person.

Maybe you are like me and have big hopes and dreams for your life?
Maybe you have even prayed asking God to mould and shape you into the complete person you would to be?

I am reminded today as I have been praying through and considering the season my wife and I are facing, that God has a process to answer that hearts cry.
Unfortunately the answer to my prayer involves equal amounts of adventure and uncertainly, equal amounts of excitement and trepidation.
I think James is right when he describes how things seem to work...


The very act of testing of your faith, is what grows your faith.
It shows you where it has room for growth.
Where your faith has possible holes in it.
It reveals what your heart is currently like and where there is room for maturity.
If you and I want to be complete in our faith, then we need to acknowledge that we are indeed like scripture says, clay on a potters wheel, being moulded, stretched and more to become something better. Even complete?

I can confess today that I am not totally thrilled by this process.
Dang it is uncomfortable!
I am simply hanging on by the "skin of my teeth" to my hope in Christ. Hanging onto His unfailing love and His faithfulness that is supposed to be new even every single morning.

If you are facing a huge faith hill to climb, where the odds seem against you, and the road is a bit uncomfortable and rocky, I am with you
Please know that I am with you, cheering you on, to let God finish the work He needs to in this season of your life.

On the journey with you...


No comments: