Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Are you just holding on?

Over a lifetime you will have good and not so good times.
The not so good times will probably test your faith.
They will maybe get you to question where your hope and trust are truly placed?

David wrote these interesting words obviously after a lifetime of observation.
I was young and now I am old,
Yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
Or their children begging bread
Psalm 37:25 NIV

He wasn't saying that they never faced trial on their journey.
Or wasn't saying that there weren't moments where things seemed impossible.
He was saying that in spite of all - God was faithful for His people, even the children under their care.

My family and I can relate to this sentiment right now!
As we face a minor crisis of not having a home to move to with a looming deadline in a few days to move, we are hanging on as best we can to the promises of God.
I am personally hanging onto what David observed. That God doesn't leave the righteous forsaken.

Are you just hanging on this week?
Let's encourage each other with these words...

Something to think about...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hanging with you right there Locky!