Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Time to take charge???

Some of you will know I have been wrestling with some injuries over the last few years. In particular
recently I found something go pretty wrong with my right foot. It has meant I can no longer run, which is an issue for me, due to it being my time out activity.

After a number of weeks of resting it, it just wasn't improving, so I "maned up" and went to see my Doc. He kindly wrote me a letter for an orthopaedic surgeon to see what could be done?
The issue I then discovered was that I was going to have to wait 6 weeks just to see him, let alone have anything else done.

So being a little cheeky I phoned his surgery to see if I came to his city whether I could get an earlier appointment. The answer was yes and so I travelled there today to get his expert opinion.
There are 2 options of what could be wrong and what might need to happen, but he needed an MRI to confirm. Armed with a referral letter I simply walked into the local imaging centre to get an appointment instead of phoning. To my surprise they asked if I wanted to get it done in 30 minutes. Of course yes!

I learned something from this experience.
I had time to think as I sat inside a room on my own with an MRI machine doing its crazy loud noise thing all around me...

Here I was humbly taking charge of what was wrong physically with my body.
I wondered if this is something we should do when something is wrong spiritually with us well?

Now I am a firm believer in waiting on God.
Resting in His ways, grace and timing.
And I am also I firm believer that there is also the balance of taking charge for your own spiritual life.

Scripture doesn't feed my soul magically with my Bible sitting on a shelf.
Prayer doesn't become more comfortable and confident only watching others do it on my behalf.
Ministering to others doesn't flow simply and effectively just reading about how to do it.
I have to take charge for my ministering to God, myself and others.

Maybe you are reading this and you are not in the place you want to be spiritually?
And maybe you have chosen the road most seem to and withdrawn or potentially given up by putting things on hold?
Can I encourage you take charge of your spiritual life?
With God's help get out of the boat, walk on the waters of faith!

Scripture reminds us that God responds to certain specific things:
When we draw near to Him He draws near to us.
When we step out in faith He moves to meet that faith.
When we speak in a healthy expectation of His supply, He indeeds moves to met and even exceed it.

Something to think about...

No comments: