Friday, August 25, 2017

Why do I give? #2

I want to bless

One of the biggest thrills I have in my life is being able to bless someone else! I am serious about that.
I actually get frustrated when I can't bless as much as I feel I want to...

One day Suze and I felt lead to give a family a car.
We had 2 and because they didn't have one, it just seemed to make sense.
So I got up early one Saturday morning and cleaned our station wagon better than I had ever done before. Scrubbed it, polished it - made it smell fresh as a flower!
Then headed to the Post Office to get the change of ownership papers before we drove it around to the new owners.
I will never forget the looks on their faces when I simply handed them the keys and said "this is for you!"
What they wouldn't have understood is I was just as excited, if not more...

I want to be a blessing.
I think it is awesome to give to God especially financially.
Being able to give to Him is something I love to do. I want to bless Him. I want my giving to bless God's people.
I consider it an extreme honour to be part of the blessing process...

2 “I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.”
Genesis 12:2-3 niv

God made this promise of a divine and exciting process to Abraham, and I believe it also applies to us today.
Our lives can be an ongoing source of blessing.
I hope you can discover the reality of this for yourself as well?

Something to think about...

No comments: