Tuesday, August 08, 2017

What is God saying today? Part 6

What is God saying today?
I have been reading the Book of Revelation and struck again how God specifically and passionately spoke to each of the 7 Churches mentioned.
And I felt challenged to break each message down and see how that relates potentially to each of us today.
The writer regularly used the phrase "anyone with ears...listen to the Spirit..."
Let's see what the Spirit is saying to each of us today...

Revelation 3:7-13 niv - Message to the Church in Philadelphia
7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

I am reminded that God tells us that He has a plan for each of our lives...
Maybe you wonder if that plan is open to others manipulation or even prevention?
Maybe you think it is danger from some outside force ripping you off?
The answer I believe to that fear is this - NO!
God has His way, and if we want it, it is a done deal!
Nothing on heaven or earth can stop you entering into all that you can have and be in Him...if you stay faithful to the course He has for you.

11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

You and I need to stake our position in Christ and be immovable.
Scripture also reminds us that we are not those who shrink back, that is something God is not a fan of. We are people who stand firm in our faith.
We take our stand graciously and yet firmly on the rock that is Jesus.

My friend, in your walking by faith and fighting the good fight, stand your ground.
Don't give up on your hope or on your integrity.
Wait to see His salvation completely revealed in your life...

What is God saying to you today?
Be encouraged, be challenged, be listening...

Why this little series...?
I have for a long time believed that God speaks to everyone.
Since the beginning of history there are account after account of people hearing God speak to them. From Adam through Moses and then to today. Spoke has spoken and continues to speak.
(Apart from when He promised to be quiet for 400 years - and kept His promise.)

Scripture tells us that God gave us each ears, not just to hear naturally with, but also to hear supernaturally with!
Scripture shows us as well that God can speak audibly, through angels and others, circumstances and His Word. He has a lot of communication tools in His toolbox...

No comments: