Thursday, August 10, 2017

What is God saying today? Part 7

What is God saying today?
I have been reading the Book of Revelation and struck again how God specifically and passionately spoke to each of the 7 Churches mentioned.
And I felt challenged to break each message down and see how that relates potentially to each of us today.
The writer regularly used the phrase "anyone with ears...listen to the Spirit..."
Let's see what the Spirit is saying to each of us today...

Revelation 3:14-22 niv - Message to the Church in Laodicea
14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

Have you heard of the phrase "sitting on the fence"?
Well that phrase pretty much applies here for God.
He just isn't a fan of it!
For God, He is all about knowing whether you are in or out, and simply going with that.
Of course He wants you to be in, He sent His son so you can be in.
But flip flopping with your faith is not so cool to Him.

Hot people are characterised by their absolute passion for God.
They are willing to do whatever it takes to follow Him. Giving up things, sacrificing their time, seeing their lives as no longer their own but as lives of worship for their father in heaven.
Be passionate about your faith my friend, no matter what the cost!

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Maybe today you realise after reading this that God has been knocking and trying to get your attention?
The gentlemen that He is means He is waiting patiently for you to invite Him in.
The pay off is that when you do, you never loose! It will be an adventure and ups and downs, but more ups than downs. Letting God in will mean you will grow up in every way possible.
Open the door today and let Him in again or for the first time in your life...

What is God saying to you today?
Be encouraged, be challenged, be listening...

Why this little series...?
I have for a long time believed that God speaks to everyone.
Since the beginning of history there are account after account of people hearing God speak to them. From Adam through Moses and then to today. Spoke has spoken and continues to speak.
(Apart from when He promised to be quiet for 400 years - and kept His promise.)

Scripture tells us that God gave us each ears, not just to hear naturally with, but also to hear supernaturally with!
Scripture shows us as well that God can speak audibly, through angels and others, circumstances and His Word. He has a lot of communication tools in His toolbox...

No comments: