Wednesday, March 03, 2010

plonker with an opinion

I found myself upset again today because of someone’s opinion. Their opinion was pretty ‘out there’ and in many places plainly wrong in my opinion.

Here’s the deal…

I was doing some research for a group I am sharing at tonight. I remembered some stuff that a guy called Rick Warren had written in a book called The Purpose Driven Life related to my thoughts.
So I did the google thing.

Yes I did get the references for what I was looking for…
But I also got a lot more.
Most of them seemed to be extremely critical of Mr Warren and his book.

One guy with an opinion had created a blog to ‘warn’ us all of how bad Mr Warren and his book are.
Part of his opinion was the reasoning that the cover art proved it was anti-God because it had a tree and roots showing. It his zeal to express himself he has taken a scripture out of context from the Bible to try and prove his point.

To be honest...I thought this guy was a plonker!
Actually a few hours later, I still do.

Everyone can have an opinion.
But having an opinion doesn’t make you any more right about an issue or a subject.
Opinion is not always fact.
Opinion can change at any time if something else convinces it otherwise.

For me I don’t want more opinion.
I want to better understand what God thinks about something.
And when I don’t understand everything completely, to not develop an instant opinion that it must be wrong.

Jesus said that by something’s fruit i.e. what it produces, that you can have a more educated opinion of its worth.

For our man with the opinion...I don’t know much about him or what good fruit he is producing except being wrong. And bitter. And upset.
As for Mr Warren...millions have been helped by his book.

Think I will vote for Mr Warren at this time.
That’s just my opinion...

Something to think about…

No comments: