Wednesday, February 24, 2010

some people are just 'strange'

Do you have strange things happen to you?
Strange things that involve other people?
Suze & I had one of those experiences in the weekend...

I had the honour of taking a wedding for a close friend of mine in another city from where we live.
So after many hours travelling via car we finally arrived.
It was a beautiful day...but very hot.

The wedding went well I thought.
I didn’t say anything too stupid.
The place where the bridal party and I stood was on the edge of a river bank. I know Suze was worried about me falling into the river. Apparently I kept stepping back towards the edge.
You will be pleased I stayed dry. The happy couple ‘tied the knot’ all without any drama. Nice!

It is what happened afterwards that was strange.

The reception was walking distance away.
And as is normal these days, each table in the venue is allocated seating.
What was funny was that it was very crowded and a couple who were already at the table were blocking the way to our seats. We politely asked if our names were to the left of where they were seated, which they confirmed.
They wouldn’t get up.
They just sat there.
Stopping us from getting to our seats.
Stopping us on purpose!
It was uncomfortable just standing there.
You could see them giggling about it.
We were just dumbfounded why they were doing it.

You see life has these moments.
Moments where you get to chose what happens next.
The point is not what they were doing being dumb or not.
The point is our reaction.

You can guess how I wanted to react.
But we let it go. We worked around it.
Being in ‘the right’ is not our excuse to do something wrong back to them.

When you face people who do strange things why not try this 3 things?
You will feel so much better for it...

- Hold on to your integrity
- Hold on to your sense of humour
- Hold on to love

Something to think about…

ps Wouldn’t it be funny if they read this and work out it was them???

No comments: