Wednesday, March 17, 2010

imagine your life being a roller coaster

Do you sometimes wish your life was more stable?
Maybe more consistent?
You know, a life with less ‘drama’ or unexpected moments?
That sort of thing….

I catch myself thinking that way sometimes, which got me thinking this week. Would I be happier?
Would it be better for me?

The more I thought about it, the more I started swinging back the other way.
Here’s why...

Imagine your life being a roller coaster, except that this roller coaster just does one thing.
It may be a roller coaster in theory but it does one predictable thing. Just loop after loop.
The trouble with the predictability is that it makes you sick.
Sure you know what is coming.
There are no nasty surprises.
But the lack of variety eventually wears you down to probably boredom and/or vomiting!

Imagine your life is like driving to a destination that is a long way away…
What makes the journey better for you?
Driving in a straight line for hours just because it seems simple and more efficient?
Or winding roads, sweeping corners, changes of scenery?

I have reminded myself that life isn’t really living when it is predictable, safe...lacking in some ‘drama’.
Realising this doesn’t make it easy, but helps flavor my attitude a bit. Easy isn’t so good after all…

I want a great life!
I want everything I can get from it!
So I think I will fight the desire for stable and safe just that little bit more.

Something to think about…

No comments: