Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A couple of days a go I was walking and wondering what it would be like to win lotto.
Thinking about the feelings you would have.
Like not needing to worry about money.
Being able to help heaps of people.
Even how it would show me and everyone else, how much God loves me and wants to bless me...

But then another thought crossed my mind...well actually two to be honest.
- Is that how God wants to bless us?
- How can I win if I don’t buy a ticket?
The first question is obviously the most important!

The Bible says that God doesn’t change.
Not that he is inflexible...but that he is stable.
He has already worked out the best way for things to work. That he doesn’t get confusing with changing his mind all the time…

With that in mind, it made me think of how God has provided for his people in the past.

When the Israelites were travelling to their ‘promised land’ you see God providing for them.
Apparently during those forty years their clothes never wore out...that is cool on its own. As they didn’t have many opportunities to go shopping at dressmart…

You also read that God gave them Manna.
God gave them some every morning.
As they got up each day there it was.
It was enough for them to be happy.
Not too much, and not too little. Just the right amount.
God faithfully provided for them everyday without fail!

Lamentations 3:22-24 says
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."


That is God. He is faithful and that will never change!
He provides for us each day.
As we get up there it is.
It is enough for us to be happy.
Not too much, and not too little.

Maybe it is good that we don’t get all the ‘faithfulness’ in one hit? Maybe that helps us to remember where it comes from in the first place?

God has not changed in our day!
He is still faithful and still wants to bless you and provide what you need.
I am remembering that now.
And I am thanking Him for being faithful to me...

Something to think about…

No comments: