Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Today is my last day of 'work' for 3 whole weeks...YES I am having a holiday...and I am so looking forward to it!
So with that in mind I thought I would mention a really cool scripture...

1 Corithinans 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Many times I have heard people say our lives are like a marathon.
But when I think of a marathon I think yuck! I am not the fittest bloke in the world and I know I would never make it running that far.
Also, most of us will never run a marathon!
From what I understand about them, is that a good runner will find a pace and stick to it the whole race.
They want to find their groove and stay with it.

So if we say that our lives should be like a marathon, are we saying as well that we should only run at one pace? Are we saying we would be able to? Personally I don't think that is realistic, I don't think that is what God is trying to say to us!

It says 'run in such a way', which leaves plenty of room for interpretation. Life is not ever lived at one pace.
Have you noticed over our short lifetimes that there have been times where you have felt like you were sprinting, others you may have felt like you were crawling through the gravel. Whatever way you are 'running', the Bible encourages us to keep moving. Don't ever stop. Don't panic about the pace, cause it will change with the tides of our lives. God simply wants you to finish the race.

That's why taking a break, having a holiday is so important for all of us. It is wise to recognise that we are not superhuman.
So make sure you take time this year to recharge, got filled up on God...so we can all finish the race together!

No comments: