Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Yesterday I did something I have been wanting to do for a while, and being on holiday meant that I could.
I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies! So planned a special day with my mate Chris watching all of them back to back, including 2 of them being the extended versions.
And all I can say today is WOW!

Now I am not about to tell you all about the christian parallels, well not today anyway...
The one main thought I had this morning was how an adventure, no matter how dangerous, is so exciting and enticing.
Back last century young men signed up to go to two different wars for the 'adventure', not the chance to kill!

It reminded me of a great book I read last year.
Wild at Heart by John Elderidge
He talks a lot about how God has made us for adventure, for something very special. Everything else is just not enough for us!

We all need to have adventure, to push the boundaries of life...all under the awesome call God has for each of us. Maybe you could pray that God will continue to lead further into this place. Never settle, stay unsettled ready for whatever God has for you.

Remember the destination is ultimate, but the journey (adventure) is great!

No comments: