Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In the last few weeks I have had to make some really important decisions. And to be honest I wasn't very comfortable with them!
They involved issues in what we call the 'grey areas' of life.
You know, those things where there doesn't seem to be any 'black or white' ruling on to go with.
So what did I do?

Checked out the Word
I went back to the Bible and read up whatever I could find on the subject and related subjects.
If you want to find out how God feels about things, this is always a good place to start.
Job 12:13 (NIV)

To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.

Talked it Through
I went to people I could trust and who I respect to run it by them and gauge their response.
That didn't mean I did not go with some of the thoughts I had, I just needed others to help 'temper' my thoughts.
To guide me away from any wrong interpretations. And to confirm what I had right already!
Proverbs 15:22 (NLT)
Plans go wrong for lack of advise; many counselors bring success.

Checked out my Conscience
Don't be afraid of your conscience. God created it for a reason, to help you!
At the end of all the above I prayed and asked God to help and let my conscience guide me.
I made sure that I was comfortable with the decision, even if I wasn't comfortable with the situation.
Job 27:6 (NIV)
I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

The Bible encourages us to let the Word of God dwell (hide, live, exist) inside us. It also tells us that the Spirit of God lives within each one of us. Don't panic when life's tricky issues come up. Trust God that he will help you get it right!

Hope that is of some help?

No comments: