Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Last week I encouraged you to pray...
Which got me thinking about how God answers prayer.
A man named Luis Palau (evangelist for the last 1000 years...just joking, but an awesome man of God) wrote an article on this a while a go.
He says that there are 5 ways that God answers:
- No, I love you too much
- Yes, but you'll have to wait
- Yes, but not what you expected
- Yes, and here's more!
- Yes, I thought would never ask

The last one is really cool! God is waiting on us to ask him. Many times we are encourage in the Bible to "Ask and then you will Receive". Does that mean we won't get if we don't ask. I think so sometimes??? Shocking as that might sound.

Most of you will have seen my acoustic guitar. It is not exactly 'new' looking and 'well loved' isn't very accurate either!
There is a story behind how I got that guitar that I think will encourage you?

I was in Bible College, which loosely trranslated means 'broke'. And I needed an accoustic guitar.
You see I had been asked to tour round some south island churchs with a pastor. He wanted me to sing and then he would preach. The only problem was I needed a guitar to take with me.
One day someone encouraged me to be specific about praying for a guitar. Instead of just saying..."God please give me a guitar". Up until that point that is what I had been doing, and no guitar fell from the sky. So I thought a bit about it and prayed for a guitar that had a natural wood finish, cutaway, gold hardware etc. The next week I got given money by people randomly...that equaled the amount for a guitar I had seen and liked. I bought the guitar 2 weeks before the trip began. Amazing.

That is why my guitar is special to me. It represents a moment in life where God taught me so much!


Yes, God wants to answer prayer!
Please pray and believe that God wants to answer. You will be suprised what God will do with your asking!

For the whole article click
here

No comments: