Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Gospel according to Marie Condo

In my decades alive I have seen many popular ideas arise, trends that come on very quickly...and then disappear again sometimes just as fast...
Right now the name Marie Condo is appearing all over the place.
If you haven't heard of her, she is mega popular right now selling the idea of an organised and decluttered home bringing ultimate peace to your life.

I did my own research. Watched her show.
Researched her background.
Actually I could only watch one episode of her TV programme...
At the moment this lady prayed to the house and thanked it for its service she lost me.
Now I am not against being grateful for the roof over my head. It is just the roof didn't put itself there. I believe God had more to do with that...

My wife loves her rolling up and colour coding the t-shirts, I guess I can live with that?
And we all like the idea of less clutter being good for us emotionally and practically.
Those parts are all cool and harmless.

But can I encourage you to seek peace for your life and home from an even higher source than Marie? Supernatural peace supersedes the fad of decluttering.
God wants to bring peace to your life and home even if the socks don't match, or your kids are a mess, or you haven't folded the washing in many many days.

Just my thoughts and something to think about...

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace 
at all times and in every way. 
The Lord be with all of you. 
2 Thessalonians 3:16 niv

May the God of hope fill you with all joy 
and peace as you trust in him, 
so that you may overflow with hope 
by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Romans 15:13 niv

No comments: