Thursday, August 23, 2018

Paul - blessed are those who are persecuted

I am not about to promote something because I think it was perfect...
What it did do was portray what following Christ can mean, and challenge the core of what you might believe at the moment?

My Church hosted a screening of the Paul, Apostle of Christ Movie last night.
Yes it came out some months ago now, but in our corner of the world it is not something everyone has experienced yet. So I organised to get it on the big screen one more time.

I love and don't love the challenge of these stories.
My heart wants to believe that following Christ is all about everything getting more better and more blessed, with less challenges and problems as I journey towards heaven.
Then my heart is reminded what Paul and others experienced. They suffered for their faith in a way many of us can not comprehend or desire. Yet in the middle of it all they chose Christ!

My heart is challenged.
I need it challenged.
I want to live for Christ and die as gain (one day, not yet).
I want the power of God and the truth of it all reigning in my life.

Didn't Jesus say something like this???
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.  Matthew 5:10-12 niv

I firmly believe God wants to bless us and care for us.
He wants to provide for me and He does.
And I also believe I am called something even higher, to live for Christ, no matter what that might mean.
If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and watch it.
Let God challenge you again.

Something to think about...





No comments: