Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Listen | Watch | Wait

There are some similarities and also a lot of differences between my teenage years and that I see of my own kids now.
Take the example of the phone.
Every person in our home has their own phone in the form a mobile.
But when I was a teenager there was only one phone and it wasn't mobile, it was tethered to the wall via a cable that was never considered long enough!

When the phone rang we got excited.
It meant someone wanted to talk to you and you knew they had to be keen.
The simple act of calling you spoke volumes of their desire to want to connect with you. Taking the time to stand tethered via a wire simply to have connection with you.
Going through the girlfriend and young dating phase, listening, watching and waiting were very much part of the equation.
We hung out for those times when the phone would ring. Fights between family members were common as we tried to keep the line free for us and young love.

Check out with me what Proverbs 8:34 says...
Blessed are those who listen to me,
watching daily at my doors,
 waiting at my doorway.

That version is from the NIV, but if you check out other translations in paints a picture of joy coming from this agenda. If you listen, watch and wait on God, you will more than likely find joy.

Can I encourage you week to make time to simply listen, watch daily, to wait expectantly for God in some way?
You will in no doubt find blessing and joy if you do.
I am confident of His desire to want to connect with you!

Something to think about... 


No comments: