Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Not planning on graduating for a long time!

You might be wondering what I am referring to?
I thought the idea of study and learning in some field of endeavour was to graduate as quickly and efficiently as possible? Well might be true of things like becoming a doctor or a teacher etc but not how I see my living for Christ.

I have come to believe that I need to embrace the idea of being a perpetual student of Christ.
He is my teacher.
I am in His classroom.
And I aint leaving until He graduates me to heaven!

A disciple is not above his teacher, 
but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher.
Luke 6:40 esv

I take my study personally and passionately.
I read scripture as much as I can and frustratingly I still don't read it enough.
I research themes and ideas for myself even researching what others have to say that make me a little uncomfortable at times. I want to know if I am right or wrong beyond my pride...
I study 'up'. Meaning a read and research to improve what needs growth in my life.
I am always asking Him to speak to me in any and every way.
I am not there yet but always pushing forward to be more and more like my teacher.

Can I encourage you today to dive into the classroom of life that Jesus has just for you?
Learn from Him. He will teach you at a pace and place that works best for you personally.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29 esv

Religious people think they have already made it so they stop learning.
Their world continually shrinks and grace slips further and further from entrenched positions and postures.
Don't be like them. Be a perpetual student of Jesus.

Something to think about...

No comments: