Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Head wind both ways?

Alex and I cycled into town to do the Church cleaning this afternoon.
On the way racing to make it there on time we faced a head wind. So it seemed logical to us that we would have an easier ride home with a fresh tailwind.

To our surprise after carefully locking up the building the wind had changed direction. In the space of just over 30 minutes the weather had conspired it seems against us.
Now we were facing a head wind home instead of our expected supportive puffing from behind.
As strange as it may seem I found myself thinking "good". Now I get to cycle in a way that I know will make me stronger in the long run.

3 ...we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 
4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4 niv

I think if left to our own devices we will generally go for the easy route in life and faith.
Unfortunately easy never made anyone strong. And I want to be a strong person of faith.
In thinking more about it, I think I am fan of God building me through the things I face.

Try not to avoid the head winds of life and let God strengthen you.

Something to think about....

No comments: