Friday, February 23, 2018

A little nod...

I was walking around our town heading to a coffee meeting and I bumped into some people....
The first was a lady promoting a religion I am not a fan of, so I walked purposely past her, gave her a smile and said hello.
Crossing the Main Street I passed a someone else I didn’t know and we acknowledged each other.
Finally I am walking past a restaurant with a name a don’t like personally and the owner and I give each a little nod, acknowledging one another.

Jesus talked about love and neighbours one day. (Matthew 5:43-47 niv)
As part of that talk He mentions that if you want to live like He would like, don’t just greet people you know and like. Remember you are salt and light and treat everyone well that you can come into contact with.

As I carried on walking I felt great.
Instead of the normal religious deal of avoiding those who aren’t with you or for you, I went out of my way to include more people into my world.
I am richer for it.
The Kingdom of God is hopefully better for it...
Could you give a little nod to those you encounter today?

Something to think about...


No comments: