Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What have I learnt lately?

I pondered that question this morning, as I actually think it is very important.
Life isn’t just something to endure.
Following Christ is not just about surviving another day.
I think that if you are open to it, paying attention, seeking God, there will always be something to learn from each day...

Recently I discovered where I was at again with my trust, when we discovered our bank account had been hit with some faudulent activity.
Other experiences revealed to me my actual emotional status and what I need to work on.
A seemingly random call which was never random to God, gave me a chance to reflect on what God has miraculously done with me, about when I was a teenager and making choices that had potential to damage my life.

Jesus taught this concept, of what we call having a 'Childlike faith'...
“Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” ‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

For me I think Jesus is saying to not be immature, but to have the same attributes as a kiddy to my life and faith.
Kids have an insatiable appetite for discovery, learning and experiences.
They love to take risks. Have adventures.
They never feel they have learned enough and aren't normally afraid to ask lots of questions.
I wonder how much I am still like a kid with my faith?

May you not be satisfied today with just staying where you are emotionally, experiential, spiritually - but always looking to grow in God.
So you can ask yourself "what have I learnt lately?" and follow that up with an answer.

Something to think about...

No comments: