Friday, September 29, 2017

It must not go out

I was reading through the hugely detailed list of plans, rules and scenarios for the original temple as part of my Bible reading plan and came across a phrase.
It really lept off the page and I believe it is a 'rhema word' for me and maybe for you reading this ?

The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out.
Leviticus 6:13

Once you have a fire going the biggest shame is to see it wether and die.
After all the time, effort and resource to get it going it is always a downer to be d left with only dead embers!

Fires go out simply because they were not given attention.
No one tended to the fire and eventually it runs out of fuel.

For the fire on the altar of my life to continue to burn for Him, I need to play some part in it combusting continually. I need to discover what fuels that fire and then manage it from there.
For me personally I have discovered I have a few fuel sources that seem to make be burn.

In no particular order they are...

  • Word of God - reading scriptures and meditating on them
  • Prayer - talking as much as I can to God about everything and anything
  • Worship
  • Serving others
  • Being creative
  • Finding joy
  • Being in the presence of God
  • Reading great books
  • Sitting under inspiring teachers

Well that is me...
What do you need to do to keep the fire of God burning in your life?
Think about it for a moment because that is the fuel you need prepared to keep your fire going.
You fire will continue if you keep the right resources for it, tending to it purposefully.

Maybe you need a fire starter moment?
Where you recognise after reading this, that the altar of your life is feeling a lot like cold, grey and dusty embers?
I love the account in Acts where the disciples gathers, prayed, worshipped and in that moment something like tongues of fire came on them. Maybe that is for you right now?
Take some time to wipe away the embers and get ready to have your fire restarted.
Seek Him with all your heart. Scripture tells us, in fact promise us, that we will find Him if we do such a thing. God is actually more interested in your fire burning than you...

Something to think about...

No comments: