Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Why do I give #6

I want a great heart

Show me what you, I, a Church, a City or even a Nation does with its money...and I will show what it truly cares about.
It reveals the heart. It shows what truly means the most...

I have discovered that few things reveal our hearts other than money.
When we don't don't have enough it hurts our heart.
When we have plenty there is potentially less stress on our heart.
Where and how I use the money I have, reveals my hearts motivation.
A generous person or a stingy person are both recognised by their decisions on how they use the money they have.

I wonder just how much God uses money to reveal to Him and us the true condition of our hearts?

Jesus shared these important words...

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21 niv

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Matthew 6:24 niv

If you took 5 minutes right now to review how and where you spend, what would it tell you about you?
Where is your treasure truly kept?
Do you need to make some changes?

As for me, I want a great heart.
And as part of that desire, I choose to keep looking to how God would like me handle what He has blessed us with.

Something to think about...

No comments: