Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Jesus GPS

I needed to travel to a town called Paeroa recently...
Now the last time I had passed through there was probably close to 10 years ago and driven to from a completely different direction.
So after passing through another town that I did know, I decided to put my hope in some technology to guide me to my destination. Flicking on my phones GPS I dutifully took orders of left, right and how far from a slightly grumpy sounding computer generated lady.
To find my way back out of Paeroa towards home I did the same thing. I used my GPS.

What was weird to me was it took me two different ways there and back. To my surprise the GPS took me on roads that to me seemed wrong. Every turn didn't make sense to me. I wondered if technology had let me down? In fact the further I went the more and more convinced I was that it was wacky.
3 times I nearly stopped to reset it or check it or even give up and go back the way I came.
It was a uncomfortable journey because I wasn't confident.
I was struggling to trust what I had put my hope in...

When I finally arrived in a town I knew I was so relieved!
It was then that I realised that God was showing me something.
That the struggle I had with my GPS is the same that I have with Him sometimes.

I know where God wants to take me. I believe I know the ultimate destination for my life and ministry. But the journey there, while I am trying to let Jesus be my GPS, well that is another story.
Sometimes Jesus takes me on turns that I didn't expect.
Sometimes Jesus appears to lead me on roads that are strange or even bumpy.

Many times I have questioned whether I am in the right place, going in the right direction, doing the right things at the right time.
Then I am reminded that following my Jesus GPS is basing my everything on His direction not my logic. That this is the big faith and big trust stuff.
Not leaning on my own understanding.
Letting Him guide the next steps of my path.

Maybe you are on a journey with God today and the road isn't quite logical to you?
Maybe you have wanted to reset or restart because you are concerned God or you has possibly got it wrong?
If you are trusting each and every day to Christ then don't stop now. Let your Jesus GPS guide you to your glorious destination.
You and I will get there if we have the courage to keep on moving forward, to keep on trusting Him, and not lean on our own understanding.

Something to think about...


No comments: