Wednesday, March 29, 2017

How different would you like your life to be?

I read this offer that Jesus made to some young fishermen today and had some thoughts around it...

"Come, follow," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people." Matthews 4:19 niv

It struck that me that Jesus isn't just about giving people tasks, but more about changing someones life...

When He said these words to Peter, John and various other people He wasn't saying being a fishermen was bad. He was offering something even better.
He wanted to take them from where they currently were in their lives and offer them something better.

My question for you today is real simple - how different would you like your life to be?
If you want it to be the same, just keep doing the same, you will probably be very successful at it.
But if you are like me and hungry for God to continue changing me for the better, the answer is always found in how much I am willing to follow Jesus.
How much I want to believe Him.
How much I want to copy Him.
How much I want to trust Him.
How much I want to let Him challenge and change me.
The more you choose to follow Him, the more different your life will become.
Don't settle for religiosities 2nd best!
Go all the way and see what difference God can make...

Something to think about...

No comments: