Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Response

With all that is happening in yours and my world right now, can I suggest that our response is the most important aspect of it?

Jesus said that "out of the overflow our heart actually speaks".
He is essentially saying that our chosen response is what dictates the position of our heart, the level of our maturity, even our level of spirituality.

For me that means at times I have to review my responses to different situations and use them as a litmus test of my life.
It is actually a handy tool to have. God uses my circumstances to help me really know my level of maturity and spirituality.
From there I can seek change to what needs changing or at least makes moves in the right direction...

Have you ever responded badly and said things like "where did that come from?" or "that wasn't me?" - I am afraid to say that it came from your heart and it probably was you...
The good news here is that God is in the business of helping us with our heart. Helping us to ultimately respond better to life and the things that come.

Maybe you could ask God to help you this week if this is an issue for you?
Ask Him to give you a new heart or a better heart just like King David did?
Please don't pray that He reveals your heart without expecting your responses to be tested...you have been warned...

You will know you are on the right track if you are honest with God.
And you will know you are on the right track if your responses are more and more like salt...flavouring the world for the better.
Let God help you to become more and more like Jesus.
That is the goal I have for myself!

Something to think about...

No comments: