Thursday, November 03, 2016

Live Like This

I shared some thoughts on this recently and to be honest I just can't shake it, can't stop meditating on it and its implications.

1 Peter 2:12 starts with this phrase...
"Live such good lives"

Peter is passionately imploring us all to live lives that are above the level of those without Christ.
In fact scripture tells us again and again we are not to act like those around us, but to be more and more like Jesus. Told to copy Him and how He deals with things. To copy Paul and how he navigated life and faith at the same time.

I feel so challenged to look at how I live.
To make sure I am living life the way Christ would want me to, on display in front of the world.

When I drive I am on display.
When I shop, buy a coffee, order a meal, again I am display.
When I coach the kids touch rugby team.
When I preach.
When I go for a run or ride my bike.
When I post things on Facebook.
When I like what someone else posts on Facebook.
When I go to a movie and people discover what movie I went to see.

Heaven is watching my life and faith in action.
My family is. My Church is. The town I live in is.
And the people I interact with around the world are.

Maybe you could join me taking this scripture from an idea into a practice?
Let's live such good lives among the world watching us, that they see God at work in our lives.

Something to think about...



Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
1 Peter 2:12 niv

 Friends, this world is not your home, so don’t make yourselves cozy in it. Don’t indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they’ll be won over to God’s side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives.
1 Peter 2:12 message

Be careful how you behave among your unsaved neighbors; for then, even if they are suspicious of you and talk against you, they will end up praising God for your good works when Christ returns.
1 Peter 2:12 the living bible

No comments: