Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Chart of my Life

I have two charts for you...
The first is what I think my life should look like.
The second is probably a little more realistic...
I am continuing to discover that being 'good at being a Christian' is not about continual growth, continual increase, continual building and continual success. It is actually a lot deeper than that!

Following Jesus doesn't mean smooth sailing, but it does give you a reason to keep on sailing.
You have a destination for your life. A reason. A purpose.
The Apostle Paul was arguably one of the best at being a Christian. What he says is actually quite interesting in light of all this... 
He said he knew what it was to be in plenty and to be in want. To know comfort and distress.
He experienced amazing success in ministry and many times of shear frustration.
He preached to plenty but also spent time locked up and in chains.

Check this out...

Philippians 4:12-13 niv
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

If you take your eyes off Jesus, even for just a moment, all the ups and downs, the waves of life will distract you.
All that matters really is Jesus. If I am living to please him I can not fail! It matters less if my life goes up or it goes down because it is all for Him.
My view of life and the world it exists in can not match my view of Him and who He has called me to be!

Here is a promise to help wrap this all up I hope for you...

Psalm 34:19 niv
The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;

Can I encourage you to not focus on whether you are up or down in the course of your journey?
Rather, let's simply focus on Jesus, He will keep us from sinking and get us through!

Something to think about...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Thanks for your thoughts today. It was just what I needed to read.