Wednesday, August 05, 2015

I need this more and more!

I am even more convinced I need this more and more!
With all that is happening in my life, to those around me, and the world in general. With all the opportunities and distractions. Events and adventures. I keep coming back to something I have quoted maybe more than any other scripture in the 20 plus years of trying to follow Jesus...

"Fix your eyes on Jesus..." Hebrews 12:2

Why?

You won't get distracted.
We are blessed and 'cursed' with so many options these days! Different forms of entertainment, Churches, books, clothing styles, sports to play or watch...the list is endless.
If you aren't careful you can feel overwhelmed and totally distracted.
When you look to Jesus and keep looking to Jesus it takes away the confusion and simplifies life.

You won't be as susceptible to deception and all the other methods the devils uses to try and trip you up.
Kind of flowing on from the above, Jesus is all you need to navigate life well.
His Word is a path to our feet to keep us on track.
His face is the direction we should maintain no mater the terrain.
Think of Peter walking on water. He was good at it when he was looking at Jesus. Not so good when he looked around at the wind and the waves. All that changed that day was where he was looking. Nothing else!

You are more able to make great choices on your journey.
I find that when I am looking to Jesus, making Him my true focus, it helps me make better calls on life.
In a sense I think it helps me filter through what is good, right or even better for me.

Here is a sobering thought to consider...
If you find yourself having to look away from Jesus to do something...then most likely it is something you shouldn't really do?

So why not join me this week in making sure Jesus stays the centre of our vision? That He is the direction we head in.
Let's fix our eyes on our King!

Something to think about...

No comments: