Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Man I love food!!!

I really like food...in fact I love it. I love eating, eating, eating!

My own personal kryptonite is good stuff like caramel slice, veal scallopini, chocolate biscuit cake, apple crumble...the list goes on.
In fact I now feel hungry!
When I was younger, the way to my heart was to take me to a smorgasbord restaurant. All you can eat good times! Yes you know there would be pain afterward, but it was all so worth it.

After a few days of studying my way through a particular book of the Bible, I was thinking about how the Bible describes itself as food.
It made some sense to me because I actually felt like I was feeding on something spiritual. It was 'getting in' some how. Stirring my thinking. Challenging me.

Jesus mentioned about living on the words that God speaks, that it was bread (food) to Him. He asked the disciples to feed His people with the Word of God after He was gone.
Jeremiah, one of the main Old Testament prophets, describes how he choose to eat God's Word when it came to him.

You get the hint that maybe we can see the Word of God, the Bible as food? For me there are so many parallels between the Bible and food!

First of all you need to eat it.
Windows shopping it or looking it as a menu won't have the same impact as actually chowing down on it.

Eat what you need to and eat what makes you happy.
Sometimes when I am getting bogged down in a part like genealogies I dive as well into a part I do like maybe even more. I find some of it is like broccoli and other parts chocolate cake. I need some cake sometimes while I work my way through the veggies I am not as big of a fan about.

You need to eat all of it.
All of the Word of God is good for you!
Eat as much variety as you can. In all sorts of way and times of the day. It is a smorgasbord just waiting for you to try a piece here and a piece there.

Finally don't starve yourself spiritually by ignoring it.
It has spiritual nutrients you might not see, but will nourish you in your soul.

Something to think about...




No comments: