Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Naked Pastor

I had a little fun with the Church Family recently and showed them a picture of me naked as part of my message...
Yes I was butt naked. In the nuddy. In my birthday suit.

Now before you destroy your faith picturing me in my 'el natural' glory, you need to understand it was a baby photo I found. In it I am lying I believe tastefully face down on a sheepskin. It was apparently the thing to do in the 70's...yes I am that old!

The point?

We were talking about being authentic with our faith and ultimately our lives.
You see the more I thought about Jesus relationship with his disciples before he went to the cross, the more I realised just how much they must have known about each other!

The lived together constantly it seems over a number of years.
Camped out under the stars. Stayed in peoples homes.
They travelled together on long walking journeys with plenty of time to talk.
They shared all sorts of meals together under differing circumstances.

Take a moment now and think about what life would be like if you lived that way with 12 other people from your Church Family...interesting?

The Gospels give us a list of highlights and lowlights of their time together.
From when some ministry moment went extremely well all the way to where they stuffed up.
Even after all they went through they still loved Jesus, maybe even more!
And this Jesus was just as convinced it seems that they were still the people for the job of sharing the gospel, being the beginning of the Church.
Authenticity, honesty and transparency hadn't ruined their relationship, it seemed to have helped?

So this week can I encourage you to take a chance with others of faith?
Be just that little bit more engaged, involved, open, honest, transparent.
Let others share with you as you share with them.
Serve others and let them serve you in some way.

If we are all like that and understand why, then I think we are able to be a little more mature about it?
I also think being this way could be the most beautiful thing in your week?

Something to think about...


No comments: