Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Acceptable - Better - Best

I have a little challenge for us all this week!
When it comes your options, your choices, your work, your family, your friends...
To what level do you want to operate at?
How far do you want to go?

Levels:
- Acceptable
- Better
- Best

Here is how it might work for us?

example 1
If your boss asks you to perform a certain task as part of your job, do you just do enough to squeak by to complete it? Or do do a little better than enough? Or could you even choose to exceed expectations and do the best job possible, maybe even ahead of schedule?

example 2
You discover that a close friend has had some bad news regarding their health, do you flick them a quick text to say your sorry to hear the news? Or do you pick up the phone and call to say hello? Or could you even choose to jump in your car and drive around to theirs, and then listen to them share how they are?

One of the beautiful things about life is the majority of the time, we all have choice. We get to choose how we respond to life.

This is just my opinion, but I think the most God honouring and Christian thing to do is go for the highest level we can at any time.
Best is always Best!
God demonstrates His 'best is always best' attitude by sending Jesus to earth for us. Going all the way with His sacrifice. Going even further by offering people like you me salvation, salvation that is never deserved. Plus He even gives us His Spirit to lead us and empower our lives.
I like God's best. I want God's best for my life...

Because of His example and my desire to honour Him, I want to give my best! How about you?

Something to think about...


No comments: