Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Juicy Goodness

I have always found it interesting that the Bible compares itself to food.
To things like Milk, Meat, Bread, Honey…

That is because God has designed His Word to get inside of us like food does.
It is meant to be ingested. Digested.
To provide us with something on the inside.
To nourish us spiritually and grow us the same...

If you watch a very young child eat...or should I say try to eat...you can see it is not that sophisticated. Their ‘palette’ is not yet developed to enjoy more adult things like Hollandaise Sauce and Trifle soaked in sherry.

I have learnt over time that the more I ‘eat’ God’s Word, the more my palette has developed. It develops it beyond my basic expectations of it being simply toast to my soul.
God's Word becomes rich and classy. It shows its texture and body.

It all simply starts for each of us by just starting.
Trying a piece here and there.
Naturally developing your palette through just reading each day.

If you keep eating it, your palette will develop and grow.
It will nourish you more and more. Speak to you more and more.
If you dig around all areas and aspects of scripture, not shying away from what challenges or even confuses you for a time, you will develop a taste that is even supernatural.

So have you been eating your Bible?
Like really biting down hard into its juicy goodness!
Today is your day...enjoy a great meal with me...

Something to think about…

Fun Fact - you can eat as much as you like and it will never make you fat!

No comments: