Wednesday, April 22, 2015

If everything seems strange?

Let's face it, there are times when life can seems really strange, crazy or even random. And in those times you may wonder what on earth is going on?
Did you do something wrong?
Maybe you wonder if God has even forgotten about you?

I am talking about those times where many strange/bad things seem to happen all around the same time.
Like an unexpected bill, then the car breaks down, then someone gets sick...
Or when your job looks shaky, then you fall out with a family member, and someone accuses you of something you didn't do...
Some people say that bad things happen in 3's. I think that is just a silly superstitious generalisation to explain things away. I also believe there is sometimes a reason for things happening like they do.

Maybe you are actually doing really well and the enemy of your soul gets nervous about you...so he throws whatever he can at you to shake you and rob you of your peace.
Sometimes God let's some things happen to teach us and grow us or even reveal something about us.

Whatever the reason, you need to respond to the challenges of life as best as possible. Otherwise you get thrown by them. Maybe even do something silly that damages you even more?

I love how the Bible reminds you and I the best strategies for navigating this life! Check this out - simple - direct - makes sense to me!

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray James 5:13

I have learnt that when strange stuff happens that praying seems to change it.
Sometimes I even walk around my house, anointing it with oil and praying God's blessing and protection over it. And as strange as it may seem to some, I have found God does something.

If you don't think praying about it on your own is enough that is ok I think. James encourages us as you read further to get help from others when we need it, who have more experience or whatever if needed.
Go to someone who is over in Christ and ask them to pray for you. To seek God for you on your behalf and maybe even anoint you and your property.

Something to think about...

No comments: