Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A little tip

Ok, let's be honest for a moment...

I bet we all have a similar issue we battle with?
Where we at some time or other look at someone else or think of someone else, and make a judgement about them.
Where we decide that maybe they are wrong and we are right?
Like that person you see on the street who is looking a little worse for wear.
Like that neighbour who has tattoos in places you would never consider for yourself.
Like the workmate and their choice of lunch that isn't the best for their health.
Or like the facebook 'friend' who posts things you don't like or agree with.

Now you may have heard that Christians are not supposed to judge?
That seems to be the consensus even though it is a little more involved than that blanket statement.
But none the less, we are encouraged not to judge others in a way that elevates us above them.

Here is my title tip. Something I do to help me not get all silly and make snap judgements about others...

When I see a person or think of a person and feel the urge to get my 'judge' on, I stop for a moment.
Then I get my 'pray' on and pray that God would bless them.
I don't pray that God would change them or make them more like what I want. I pray that God would invade their life more than they have experienced so far. That they would be blessed with great opportunities and great people around them.

It seems to help me...maybe it could help you?

Something to not just think about, but do...

No comments: